There are three accommodation units available for overnight stays, namely:
ORCHARD VIEW COTTAGE (self-catering) - click to view
WELTEVREDE COTTAGE (self-catering) - click to view
BIRCH CABIN (TINY HOME) (catered by cafeteria) - click to view
Grounds policies (Visitors)
Kindly take note that the accommodation units form part of the campus grounds of The South African Institute for Heritage Science & Conservation, an institution of higher learning, and that certain standard grounds policies apply. Therefore please note the following:
- Please note that a once-off cleaning fee of R150.00 is applicable to all bookings, irrespective of length of stay.
- These accommodation units (and their grounds) are only accessible to the actual guest occupants, as reserved by name. Guests of guests will not be admitted, and should not be received or granted access without the campus' express consent.
- In keeping with the character of the Institute and the mandate of the campus, please note that the park-like campus grounds and its landscape facilities are deliberately reserved from overt recreation or play. While this restriction is relaxed in the immediate vicinity of the rented accommodation units themselves, it is nonetheless expected that both the built and planted infrastructure should be treated with reserve.
- Please note that a recreational or camping dynamic is not considered compatible with the purpose and character of the campus, and that outdoor cooking is accordingly not provided for, nor permitted.
- It may also be necessary to note that footwear is mandatory on campus at all times for all persons (infants excepted), except within the immediate precinct of guest's accommodations.
- Furthermore, persons under the age of 12 should remain under direct adult supervision while about on the campus grounds.
- NOTE: No refunds will be considered for the 72-hour period immediately following formal notice of cancellation.
While the resulting campus milieu is uniquely enjoyable, one also appreciates that it is not necessarily a universal fit, nor can it attempt to be. Doubtless, the prospective guest can best judge whether it will hold appeal for themselves and companions, or whether the rare blend posed by this rural, academic setting is at odds with the purposes of their stay.
Notwithstanding all the above, we are pleased to say that most visitors DO find the grounds delightful, and that many return to repeat the restful experience!